Patients who have gaps in their smile know how much missing teeth can impact your everyday life – from speaking and laughing to enjoying the foods that you love. Fortunately, today’s dentures can restore the beauty of your smile and the balance of your bite, allowing you to eat and speak confidently again. Dr. Rene Aviles can provide you with traditional, precision-partial, or implant-supported dentures at his Palm City practice - restorations that replace missing teeth with durable, lifelike materials. Contact our practice today to learn more about your denture options and how we can rejuvenate your smile.
Traditional dentures are removable restorations that rest comfortably over your gums. Typically, the gum and palette areas of a denture are fabricated from pink acrylic, and the prosthetic teeth are made of porcelain. Full dentures span an entire bottom or top arch of missing teeth, and rely on natural suction and special adhesives for support. Many people turn to this tried and true method of tooth replacement when they consider its many benefits:
- A fast and comprehensive way to replace missing teeth
- Comfortable, non-surgical therapy
- Natural way to fill out your face, which may appear sunken in due to tooth loss
- An affordable treatment option
- Easy to remove for convenient cleanings
Innovative Support for Your Dentures
Although traditional dentures remain a popular way to restore missing teeth, in recent years more and more people have chosen dental implants to support their restoration. Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically embedded in the jawbone. Once healing is complete, the dentures are attached to the top of the post above the gum line. This creates an incredibly stable and durable system. Implant-retained dentures are quickly becoming the preferred form of tooth replacement thanks to their wealth of benefits:
- Implant-retained dentures will not slip out of place, allowing patients to chew and speak comfortably and confidently.
- Since they fuse with the jawbone, implant-supported restorations offer a natural feeling and appearance that is unparalleled by other restorative options.
- Patients can clean and care for their implant-retained dentures just like their natural teeth.
- By serving the purpose of a tooth root, dental implants prevents the bone atrophy that results from long-term tooth loss.
Although implant-supported dentures cost more than traditional dentures, they are a great long-term investment in your oral health. Although your dentures might need to be replaced over the years, your implants are permanent and most provide a lifetime of stable support.
Which Type of Denture is Right for Me?
Deciding between traditional and implant-supported dentures is a very personal decision – one that is best made in consultation with a skilled and knowledgeable dentist like Dr. Aviles. Working closely with you, Dr. Aviles can help weigh factors like your aesthetic goals, budget, and lifestyle to recommend the option that will provide you with long-lasting satisfaction.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
Life is too short to live with compromised oral health. If you suffer from missing teeth, contact our office today and schedule your denture consultation.